Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Compaq V2000Z series notebook PC

For this post I decided to take a look at what Compaq is offering these days, and I ended up configuring a very nice machine. As many of you probably already know, HP bought Compaq a few years ago, but decided to keep the Compaq name. In comparison there's really no difference in the Compaq Presario and HP Pavilion as far as the brand goes. As I have said many times before, most of these manufacturers are using the same parts from the same companies and all they are really doing is assembling the machines. This is why I always suggest looking at specs instead of brand. The only time brand comes into question is when you're looking at the systems software and service.



In configuring this notebook I decided to spend an extra $200 bringing the total spent after rebate to $999. The extra money was well spent. I included an AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-37 2.0GHz with 1MB L2 Cache! In my opinion, this is an awesome processor. It includes all the benefits of a Centrino processor, with the added benefit of 64 bit processing. For those of you who have not read my entire Blog, 64 bit processing is the wave of the future. Currently there aren't too many applications out that support this, but five years from now everything will. I went ahead and spent some extra money on a single 512MB RAM chip for the reasons noted in my previous post. I also included a 60GB hard drive, DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, 14.0 WXGA Bright View Widescreen display, and a ATI RADEON graphics card. All for $999 after a $50 manufacturer mail in rebate!

This computer is ideal for anyone. It has plenty of processing speed and hard drive space to last for quite a while. I would definitely recommend this to a student going off to college, but you'll probably have to include Office suite($339), which is going to be the case with most any notebook your purchase. All in all, I'm giving this machine two thumbs up.

My next post will feature a comparable Dell for $999… Stay tuned!

For more info or questions, please leave comments or visit the manufacturer links to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home