Thursday, November 17, 2005

HP ZV6000 Laptop

I have found some comparable models for the Inspiron 6000 post I wrote earlier this week. I’ll start off by saying I still think the Dell is the better deal, but for all you Dell haters out there, this is also a good machine for a competitive price.

One thing I do like about HP over Dell is the fact that they will use both AMD and Intel processors in their computers. Dell only uses Intel processors. That being said, in this comparison I like the Intel processor being used in the Dell computer much better. The HP is using an AMD Sempron 3200 processor, which runs a 1.8 Ghz and carries 256 Kb of level 2 cache (note: the processor in the dell carries 2Mb of level 2 cache!). The laptop I configured featured a 15.4 inch WXGA(Wide XGA) screen, 256 Mb of RAM, $40 Gb of hard drive space, a cd burner – dvd player combo, and a 54G wireless Ethernet adaptor on board.



The price came to $754, which isn’t bad, but for your extra 45 dollars you would get a considerably more powerful / faster system from dell. There’s also a $50 mail in rebate figured into that price. I’m not a huge fan of mail in rebates, and I think offering a mail in rebate over your website is just silly. The reason the company does this is because on 16% of all rebates are actually filled! This is not because the company will not fill them, it’s because consumers don’t want to bother with it after the purchase has been made, or they screw up the rebate procedure. In addition to that, they normally make you wait for two month before they mail them, they do this to insure the item is not returned AND to collect interest on your money during this period. Now that’s either very shady or very smart on their part.

In closing, I would recommend the Dell over this HP and for all the Dell haters out there, I’m sure there’s a couple. Come to terms with those demons, because they really are the best. For more info about these systems and more visit the links to the right. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home